- Glock 19 Gen 5 Brief History
- Glock 19 Gen 5 Prices
- Compare Prices
- G19 Gen 5 Features/Changes
- How Accurate and Reliable is the Glock 19 Gen 5?
- G19 Gen 5 Compared To Gen 4 And Gen 3
- Glock 19 Gen 5 FAQ
- Somethings wrong with my glock! How can I find a Glock Armorer? Help!
- Where can I purchase a frame or slide for my glock 19 gen 5?
- What type of ammo should I use with my Glock 19?
- Where can I get the owners manual?
- Is it ok to dry fire the glock 19?
- How can I find the Glock 19 warranty?
- Wrapping Up
What is so special about the Glock 19 Gen 5? Aren’t all Glocks pretty much the same?
I get it; many experienced gun owners know by now that glocks are all pretty much the same. Every new glock that comes out basically features the previous model with a few small changes.
Many firearm enthusiasts still wonder what the differences are of the newer models and maybe want to add it to their collection. Maybe they are considering an upgrade from their previous glock gen model. Most probably just want a new toy!
This article pretty much sums up the glock 19 gen 5 model. This post is aimed at newbies, so we will start with a brief,boring history lesson!
Glock 19 Gen 5 Brief History
The first Glock pistol debuted into the vast weapon industry in 1988. Since inception, Glock has become huge in the weapon industry. Its headquarters lies in Deutsch-Wagram, a city in the outskirts of Austria.
Although they offer a wide array of products, their Glock handguns set the stage. Glock series pistols got the name from its founder, Gaston Glock. Fast forward, Glock has withstood the test of time to emerge as the best sought handgun in the world.
Fifth generation of the pistol launched in a trade fair in Milwaukee on the 25th of August 2017. Contrary to previous glock generations, the gen 5 has seen some noticable changes.
This new generation makes it the ideal weapon for both law enforcement and the general public. Wondering what makes this glock stand out among many? Here are the remarkable features of the handgun.
G19 Gen 5 Features/Changes
- Improved Grip and Trigger Texture. A key aspect when purchasing a firearm is its space for a solid grip on the trigger. This glock gives you that experience by ensuring your hand is correctly positioned on the trigger.This new feature allows you to aim at your target firmly.It also gives you an opportune time to react if you lose dexterity of your fingers. The handgun comes equipped with multiple back strap frames enabling you to personalise the grip’s circumference.
- Easy Disassembly. A firearm requires regular maintenance like any other machine. Without prior knowledge, disassembling a handgun can be a daunting task. I set out to tear apart the Glock 19 gen five before hitting the road. The ease with which the handgun came apart was astonishing. I simply pressed the trigger to the back, slid the slide backwards, and made a move to depress the takedown lever. With my pistol fully serviced, I was ready to fire my first shot.
- Light Weight. You need a firearm that sits comfortable as you run errands, don’t you? Your in luck because this pistol has the lightest weight one would ever wish for. Its reduced dimensions make it ideal for both law enforcement and citizens. This feature facilitates its quick access and use in versatile times.
- Flared Magwell. When loading magazines, you will probably come across an orange follower. This enables you to distinguish the position you are at in the loading process.The previous generations of the model had a black follower. This was a pain in the neck for users who wished to make magazine changes.Furthermore, the widened magwell whose front is cut-out accelerates the efficiency with which you load your weapon. This goes a long way in keeping you a step ahead in case of self-defence.
How Accurate and Reliable is the Glock 19 Gen 5?
The sole purpose in having a glock is to ensure that you have the best firearm for protection. This pistol has superb accuracy that will leave you dumbfounded. This is why many beginners who are learning how to shoot start off with glocks. This is in part due to its flat front strap and barrel.
Notably, the new barrel doubles accuracy firing at longer ranges. In addition, it has the same reliability as its previous models. After all, glocks are well know for their resilience in firing thousands of rounds without a jam. Still cautious about this pistol’s reliability? The latest law enforcement to issue them is the FBI.
Millions of firearm users were caught flat-footed when Glock won the rights to supply the FBI. With that, I think everyone can agree; the Gen 5 is accurate and reliable.
G19 Gen 5 Compared To Gen 4 And Gen 3
If you want a REALLY DETAILED comparison, you can check out the video below. This covers each piece of the three firearms in GREAT DETAIL. Warning: Might cover more than you care to know!
The Glock 19 Gen 5 is the most reliable of all Glock generations so far. All the little tweaks and changes really make this gun worth it. I’m not saying to go out and buy it. This guide simply highlights the features and reliability of this glock to help people make an informed decision. Of course, it all comes down to your specifications and needs. But as for me, this model is without a doubt a current buy.
Found my passion for firearms while serving in the United States Army. I served active time and currently still in the reserves. I earned the German Schützenschnur, or German Armed Forces Badge for weapons proficiency while stationed in Germany, earning a Bronze medal for that event. I built this firearm blog to educate beginners on shooting gear, firearms, safety, firing fundamentals, and all other sorts of firearm topics.